The World Health Organisation (WHO) has confirmed that 80% of the world’s urban population now live in cities where the air is toxic. This survey is based on a key indicator is called ‘PM 2.5′, one of the most harmful classes of airborne pollutants.
As many as 1.2 million deaths take place every year due to air pollution in India, a report published by Greenpeace India said. It said that the number of deaths in India caused by air pollution is only a “fraction less” than the number of deaths caused by tobacco usage, and adds that three percent of the GDP is lost due to air pollution.
Atlanta HealthcareTM, one of the pioneers in air quality management in India, in partnership with AirVisual launched NODE in India in month of October 2016. The move helped strengthen Atlanta Healthcare’s presence in air purification and quality management space and is in line with the Atlanta Healthcare’s vision of fighting air pollution in India.
Mr. Vibhor Jain, CEO, Atlanta Healthcare said, “We have always accepted the quality of the air around us without question, even though 2 Indians die due to air pollution every minute. This is partly because we’ve lacked the tools to control what we breathe–until now. With the Atlanta Healthcare AirVisual Node, we can instantly see invisible threats around us, which is a critical first step to breathing healthier air.”
NODE is a portable air quality monitor that displays immediate particulate matter (PM), carbon dioxide (CO2) levels, Temperature and Humidity on a five-inch screen and via smartphone.
This PM2.5 monitor, provides real-time PM, CO2 readings along with air quality forecasts, outdoor air quality insights and phone alerts. Additionally, each Node contributes to an existing network of 8,000 monitors that are analyzed by AirVisual’s deep machine learning technology to track pollution sources and trends while improving the company’s in-house forecasting tools.
The Atlanta Healthcare AirVisual Node combines a set of cutting-edge technologies to deliver with unprecedented accuracies and durability:
Key Features :
- Measures PM2.5, CO2, Temperature, Humidity.
- Monitor has a screen that shows indoor air quality compared to outdoor.
- Wi-Fi connectivity with enhanced sensitivity to capture remote Wi-Fi signal.
- USB charging.
- Battery that ensures continuous measurements even during temporary power cut (24/7 results). In case of a long power cut, the sensor automatically boots up when the electricity is back, without human intervention.
- Web-based central reporting of the building’s air quality in real-time.
- Measurements time intervals are configurable.
- Air quality data is accessible in real-time from the user-friendly dashboard.
- System supports automatic alerts based on customized rules.
- All historical data can be downloaded in CSV format from the web browser.
- Possibility to monitors all the Nodes inside the AirVisual mobile application.
- Notifications for iOS device when AQI threshold are reached.
- The device has over 5 years’ internal measurement data logging capacity.
- The sensor functions with or without an internet connection.
- The sensor meets EC directives (CE certification) and FCC requirements.
- Widgets can be installed on intranet and internet website with easy integration.
- Widgets are fully configurable to match specific requirements.
- Widgets can be integrated in digital signage (TV screen, picture frames) across the organization.
“Atlanta Healthcare AirVisual Node is complemented with set of tools that include global air quality map and three-day forecasts, this way the air quality is localized down to the individual, bringing a seemingly daunting task to something as manageable as a single room.”
It is also pertinent to understand where all Atlanta Healthcare AirVisual Node can be used to track pollution and is of particular relevance in spaces where people congregate like schools, gym, hospitals, hotels, Offices, Home, Industries etc. The company also offers range of Air Purifiers as well.
Priced at INR 18,990 Atlanta Healthcare AirVisual Node is currently available for sale online at :
About Atlanta Healthcare
Atlanta Healthcare, India’s leading an air quality management company focuses on technology innovation and products to improve quality of air and help people breathe pure. The company, led by technological innovations, uses data and IoT to create smart solutions that facilitates people to breathe pure, no matter where they are. Atlanta Healthcare’s wide range of product and service offering helps detection of air pollutants and provides protection from them. The products have been designed using best in class technology to cater to extreme air pollution environments (indoor and outdoor). Current range of Atlanta Healthcare products include state of the art smart Air Purifiers, N99 military grade Designer Pollution masks in collaboration with Cambridge Mask and Air Quality Monitor in collaboration with AirVisual.
For more information, please visit www.atlantahealthcare.in
Shivam completed his B.Tech in Information Technology from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. He is a nature lover who loves to write Haikus and poems on love. A foodie and a wanderer, he has a flair for writing and tries to keep himself busy with some writing stuff. Besides writing poems and blogs, he’s also a theatre enthusiast who loves watching and participating in stage plays and street plays and tries to make the most out of it.
Shivam is currently working on his food blog ‘Shahi Dastarkhan’. He has a decent audience on his Facebook page via which he aims to change the way people blog about food. You can catch him in action on his Youtube channel.