Been wandering nearby and haven’t been able to find a good place in Rajouri Garden to hop in for some good food.
Well, my much awaited food cravings were blessed by the owners of the Ghar Bistro Cafe when I stepped into it.
Be it ‘The Ghar ka Ambiance’ or ‘Ghar ka Khana’ , nothing seemed to disappoint me.
Mentioning a few dishes that you need to check out when you’re here :
1. Chhoti Behn se Zyada Toofani Lasooni Tikka – Ever had chilli chicken? Well, the flavor of garlic has been added to the same chilli chicken with a pinch of ‘Ghar ka flavor’ to make it stand outnumbered.
2. Mung Dal ke Kebab – The story of every household : Children running away from cereals and pulses. Well, I’d say, “Give your children a taste of these lip smacking Mung dal ke kebabs”. Soft kebabs which easily melt in your mouth and have that authentic flavor for you to crave for more.
3. Paneer Tikka Bruschetta with Spicy Mayo – Call for vegetarians!! Here are some good, soft pieces of paneer from the barbeque to keep you bound to the endless list of scrumptious dishes.
Main Course :
1. Chicken Boti Masala – This one particular dish would surely remind of the one that your mom usually makes at home and so, it has that “Ghar wali feel and flavor”.
2. Murgh Makhani – Your main course is incomplete without this particular dish. Love butter chicken ? Then, do try the fusion of Dal Makhani and Butter Chicken which will definitely trigger your taste buds.
3. Bhuna Gosht – Say Hi to Chicken’s brother, Mutton! This mutton has got all you need. Be it the curry or the ripeness or the softness of the mutton when you tear it off, you’ll just love it.
The main course is what pleased us here and therefore, we shall pay off another visit to this place.
Go limitless with the drool worthy dessert options that they’ve to offer.
1. Shahi Tukda – The famous Hyderabadi dessert, Double ka Meetha also known as ‘Shahi Tukda’ is what needs to be laid out on your plate today. These fried slices of bread soaked in milk with some saffron is a royal treat for your tired taste buds.
2. Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake – As the name suggests, Gulab Jamun Cheese Cake, Gulab Jamun and paneer/cottage cheese goes into the making of this particular dessert. The output that is obtained is what cannot be simply put into words. And this is why, this dessert topped our lists from the Ghar ka Meetha Menu (Pure Love).
Had a couple of drinks and shakes but they didn’t live up to our expectations. When talking about shakes, one usually expects a thick shake to be served and not something which feels like watery milk. So, shakes really need to be worked upon(to maintain the texture of shake).
Food – 4.5/5
Drinks – 4/5
Desserts – 5/5
Ambiance – 4.5/5
Service – 4/5
Overall experience – 4.5/5
Shivam completed his B.Tech in Information Technology from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. He is a nature lover who loves to write Haikus and poems on love. A foodie and a wanderer, he has a flair for writing and tries to keep himself busy with some writing stuff. Besides writing poems and blogs, he’s also a theatre enthusiast who loves watching and participating in stage plays and street plays and tries to make the most out of it.
Shivam is currently working on his food blog ‘Shahi Dastarkhan’. He has a decent audience on his Facebook page via which he aims to change the way people blog about food. You can catch him in action on his Youtube channel.