If you are a Punjabi, then you must trust “Dadi Maa
This delicious medicine is made from besan (chickpea/gram flour), ghee (clarified butter), milk, turmeric, and black pepper. Sheera is a semi-thick drink which must be served piping hot and consumed right before going to bed. To make it taste even better, you may add sugar or jaggery (Gur). The besan in the
Here is a delicious besan ka sheera recipe from my Dadi –
Serves – 4
- 1 ¼ tbsp. Ghee
- 3 tbsp. Besan (Chickpea/Gram Flour)
- 2 cups Warm Milk
tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Green Cardamom
- 2 ½ tsp. Grated Jaggery/Sugar
- Chopped pistachio nuts and almonds
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the besan and roast it until it turns golden brown and fragrant. Stir continuously to maintain a fine consistency.
- Add warm milk slowly and whisk the mixture continuously to avoid any lumps
- Add turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, and grated jaggery/sugar. Make sure you whisk the mixture for 5-7 minutes as sheera will thicken immediately.
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot.
Besan ka sheera is the perfect way to get rid of cold and cough. Remember to have this for at least two-three days consecutively.
Stay healthy and let others know about this recipe too.