Stuck in traffic jam? Could you drive a bit more and steer your car towards that Gol Chakkar?
Yes! That’s right. After getting stuck in this tiring traffic, what all you need is a comforting place to placate yourself. And such place serving some of the finest dishes is like an icing on the cake.
The Gol Chakkar Cafe, as the name suggests is located right at the Gol Chakkar of Kalkaji and is spread across two floors. The rooftop is the perfect place to spend some quality time on a pleasant evening.
The rooftop gives you access to another tiny terrace which gives a perfect view of the nearby area and the mesmerizing sunset.
Wait for the welcome drink to arrive at your table for you’ll be thrilled to have an another shot of this refreshing drink.
You have travelled enough and your journey has been a tiring one.
Leave it to us for here is the list of some scrumptious dishes that you’re going to have :
1. Dahi ke Kebab – Very tender and crumbly kebabs, perfectly fried and served with mint sauce and some onions which add richness to its flavor.
2. Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad – This classic Greek Salad is a fine addition to your plate. Watermelon provides coolness and cheese provides salty flavor to the salad which is indeed refreshing and savory at the same time.
3. Palak Patta Chaat – The spinach leaf is coated with the batter and then put onto fire. When it thickens, it looks like a papdi which is then dressed with curd & pomegranate. If you’re looking out for some titbits, do check out this crunchy and delish Palak Patta Chaat.
4. Spring Rolls – What cafes usually lack is providing some really good spring rolls – which are not too fried and one can easily feel the essence of it with every bite. TGC does the job very well and makes the most out of it by putting them in those tiny glasses.
Thirsty crows are looking for something good to drink.
Here goes the list :
1. Chocolate with Hazelnut – Be it hazelnut shake or hazelnut spread, it has always been my favorite. This particular shake couldn’t get any better and is truly recommended.
2. Chocolate Brownie – The perfect blend of brownie and chocolate is what makes this thick shake extraordinary.
The Perfect Finisher : Desserts Section
1. Reconstructed Tiramisu – When it’s all about coffee and some chocolate. The crumbly stick was soggy at the edges which needs to be worked upon as it ruined the taste of this dessert.
2. Gulab Jamun Satay – Hurry up! The smoky cart is coming. With gulab jamuns placed in those glasses, all you need to do is just grab the sticks and dip them into Rabri and enjoy the heavenly journey of sweetness.
Food – 4.5/5
Shakes – 4.5/5
Desserts – 4/5
Service – 4.5/5
Overall experience – 4.5/5
Shivam completed his B.Tech in Information Technology from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. He is a nature lover who loves to write Haikus and poems on love. A foodie and a wanderer, he has a flair for writing and tries to keep himself busy with some writing stuff. Besides writing poems and blogs, he’s also a theatre enthusiast who loves watching and participating in stage plays and street plays and tries to make the most out of it.
Shivam is currently working on his food blog ‘Shahi Dastarkhan’. He has a decent audience on his Facebook page via which he aims to change the way people blog about food. You can catch him in action on his Youtube channel.