I asked God, “They say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. But I haven’t been able to observe true beauty. What is it? How does it feel like?”
God replied, “Keep calm son and just follow me.”
And I just followed him quietly. He took me to this place called ‘The Junction’ and as I stepped into it, I was left speechless.
The Junction located in Hauz Khas is an epitome of true beauty & speaks volumes when you start exploring it.
It has it’s own separate bakery (named The Big Baker), a place for all your Italian savouries (named Pizzeria), a place for Japanese & Chinese food (named Manga), a separate Bar section & a place where you can get your favorite wines (named Wine Cellar).
The Junction also features this small outlet called ‘Potet’ (officially not a part of The Junction) where you can get one of the best Fries in New Delhi.
The dance floor was still under construction when we sneaked into this place for a scrumptious meal.
What to feed your stomach when you’re here :
1. Cheesy Cajun Fries – You cannot miss out on these cheese loaded fries. It’s something you’ll always be craving for when you get your hands on it (being one of the best in New Delhi). Add some chaat masala to it and the deed is done.
2. Mutton Seekh Kebabs – The perfect blend of minced mutton along with some spices give it a lush and a succulent taste. Served with some onions and mint sauce, this is something you’ll even want to die for.
3. Pita Pockets – These tiny triangle shaped slices filled with mashed vegetables are a bouquet of tantalizing flavors which add a soft corner to your stressed mind at the end of the day.
4. California Maki Sushi Roll – Grab your chopsticks for the best Sushi rolls are here. With the finest crab meat, cucumber, avocados and what not. You’ll be missing out a lot if you haven’t yet gorged upon these little barrels.
5. Shami Kebabs – Feel the essence of the meat that goes into the making of these kebabs. So soft that you don’t even need those teeth to have a bite of it.
6. Chicken Dimsums – Tender and juicy dimsums to the rescue!! Perfectly steamed to let them float on those taste buds.
Wondering if they’ve something utterly delicious for your sweet tooth ?
Don’t worry for they’ve an endless list of desserts lying inside The Big Baker to fulfill all your needs.
The only thing that didn’t meet our expectations was the sheesha available here. It’s something that really needs to be worked upon.
Well, get yourself clicked or spend an evening with your friends at this lovely place for there are rarely any places like The Junction which look like heaven, taste like heaven.
Food – 4/5
Drinks – 4.5/5
Ambiance – 5/5
Service – 4/5
Overall experience – 4.5/5
Shivam completed his B.Tech in Information Technology from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. He is a nature lover who loves to write Haikus and poems on love. A foodie and a wanderer, he has a flair for writing and tries to keep himself busy with some writing stuff. Besides writing poems and blogs, he’s also a theatre enthusiast who loves watching and participating in stage plays and street plays and tries to make the most out of it.
Shivam is currently working on his food blog ‘Shahi Dastarkhan’. He has a decent audience on his Facebook page via which he aims to change the way people blog about food. You can catch him in action on his Youtube channel.